Binge Eating Help
Binge Eating Help Thrive Programme Wolverhampton
Binge eating problems involve regularly eating large portions of food all at once and usually very quickly until you feel uncomfortably full or even bloated. It is not unusual to then have feelings of guilt immediately following a binge eating episode and it is considered by some schools of thought as a form of self-harm.
Binge sessions are often planned in advance and the person may buy even “special” binge foods such as cakes, or high carbohydrate containing foods. Binge eating problems can affect both men and women and it most frequently starts in the late teens or early 20s.
Symptoms of Binge Eating
The main symptoms associated with binge eating frequently include:
- Eating large amounts of food
- Eating very fast during a binge
- Eating until you feel uncomfortably full
- Eating when you’re not hungry
- Eating alone or secretly
- Feeling depressed, guilty, ashamed or even disgusted after binge eating
Signs of Binge Eating Problems in Others
The following signs might indicate that someone you know has a binge eating problem:
- Eating a lot of food, very fast
- Actively hiding how much they are eating
- Creating food stores
- Putting on weight, although this is not always associated with binge eating
Potential Causes of Binge Eating
There are no definitive ’causes’ of binge eating or other eating issues, however, you may be more likely to develop binge eating problems if:
- A member of your family has a history of eating disorders, depression, or alcohol abuse or drug addiction
- You have experienced strong criticism of your eating habits, body shape or weight
- You are overly concerned with being slim, particularly if you also feel pressure from society or your job
- You have anxiety, low self-esteem, an obsessive personality or are a perfectionist
- You have experienced sexual abuse
The Thrive Programme for Binge Eating
The Thrive Programme is unsurpassed at helping people with ‘problems’ identify and then change their limiting belief systems.
This multi-session course utilises the very latest findings in cognitive psychology and neuroscience research to help a person to understand how a limiting belief may be formed in the first place, through either ‘learned social behaviours’ or by the accumulation of ‘evidence’ based experiences that provide the robust foundations of those belief systems.
Remarkably, it turns out that what we consider to be the ‘truth’ about the ‘way the world works’ amounts to nothing more than what we ‘believe’ to be true rather than what actually is!
The Thrive Programme for binge eating will help you to gain a greater level of understanding behind the limiting beliefs that may be inadvertently making the problem worse, and teaches you a range of tools, techniques and coping mechanisms to help you get back on with your life.
A Free Consultation with Paul
In all the years that I have been helping people to overcome problems and improve their lives I have never found a more effective ‘method’ of achieving this than the Thrive Programme.
Why not get in touch and arrange to come along to my office for a completely free chat about how Thrive could help YOU to change YOUR life.
NO HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS – NO OBLIGATION – It might be the best decision you ever made!
Call: 07434 776125 to arrange your FREE Consultation.
Find Out More
Don't hesitate to get in touch with me to find out how Thrive could help you to achieve your goals and aspirations. I offer ALL prospective clients a FREE initial chat to discuss all the options.